it smells different 

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Portugal April 2007

Greetings. I know this is a bit backwards, but I am posting some pics of my trip to Portugal in April 2007. It was my first time in Portugal and I have to say I had a great time. The following are just a few pics of Lisbon (Lisboa).. hope you enjoy.

Here is my tuga tour guide..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

a not so old aquaduct..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Elevator down to the Tagus River

Photobucket

This bridge is pretty cool.. it has a train that runs below it..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Enjoying my apple

Photobucket

I think Portuguese people have a thing about touching their noses..

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the things I liked most about Portugal were all the tiles.. I think they got the idea from the Chinese..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I always feel more comfortable in areas where people expose their laundry

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here we are in the Castle of São Jorge.. I like Castles.. so you will have to endure a few more pics of this one! I like the castle trees especially.. they are all leaning in one direction or another..

Photobucket

I started touching my nose too..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

According to a famous legend, the Castle was reconquered from the Moors because some Knight noticed that one of the doors of the Castle was left open.. he sacrificed himself to keep the door open while the crusaders piled in.. and that's how we lost Lisbon!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here u go eep.

Photobucket

Possibly the best urinal I have ever seen.

Photobucket

more tiles..

Photobucket

here's some life

Photobucket

Here is my favourite portuguese writer, Fernando Pessoa..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

blowing her caravels to victory

Photobucket

rich people and their boats

Photobucket

not so rich people and their boats

Photobucket

i forgot the significance of this monument.. you will have to make up a story for yourself :)

Photobucket

standing with the bulls

Photobucket

standing with a ball

Photobucket

Photobucket

close call

Photobucket

a national park beach..

Photobucket

lone flower in expo

Photobucket

Photobucket

here I end with a few pics of the lovely beaches of Lisboa.. the Atlantic can be fierce.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
4 Comments:
Blogger mixey said...

brilliant photos I think I must have spent an hour looking through them
well done will check back at some later date to see if you have updated any more
rob
www.howtogetmyexback.net

November 23, 2008 at 1:09:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sylo said...

Thanks Rob, I plan to update in the next few days.

November 24, 2008 at 10:33:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bird!!! a peacock!!! caa__ CAAA caaa caAAA!!!

~chirp*

November 29, 2008 at 2:11:00 AM EST  
Blogger Sylo said...

indeed, u are correct

November 30, 2008 at 10:35:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home